2022 Summer Study Application – Due February 28, 2022
In addition to the numerous Alumni & Friends Summer Study Grants for arts programs or private lessons (details below), there are two specific grants that Alumni & Friends facilitates – one is for a Junior LaGuardia student identifying as female with financial need who would like to attend a summer architecture program, the other is for 2-3 Junior BIPOC LaGuardia Students with financial need to attend Northwestern University’s Cherubs Theater program during the summer of 2022, in Chicago. More details and links to those specific applications are below:
The application for an Alumni & Friends Summer Study Grant, which can be found at the bottom of the page, is for juniors, sophomores, and freshmen who may be eligible to receive financial assistance for supplemental study in their discipline during the summer of 2022. In the application form you will see that we request the latest copy of your transcript (see instructions on how to get your transcript from Pupil Path at the bottom of this page), consent from a parent/guardian, and the first two pages of your guardian/family’s 2020 IRS 1040 tax return (we require the tax return for all parents/guardians). IF YOU BELIEVE YOU QUALIFY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP BUT YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE TAX DOCUMENTS FROM 2020, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com TO LET US KNOW. WE WANT TO HELP!
Please read the following:
- AWARD AMOUNTS WILL VARY DEPENDING ON STUDENT FINANCIAL NEED
- Funding is limited – FINANCIAL AID AWARDS ARE USUALLY PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS; consider applying for numerous programs in different price ranges (for example, we will NOT consider funding a program that costs $3000 or more unless you receive a scholarship directly from the program to cover the bulk of the cost)
- Scholarships are only for program costs and not for room and board or travel; please consider local New York City-based summer study opportunities
- Programs or lessons must be related to your studio (no academic, cultural, or environmental programs)
- Juniors are given priority as they are preparing to apply to colleges/conservatories, but we do give scholarships to sophomores and freshmen
- All grants are paid directly to the summer program, class, or teacher; no money is given directly to students
- You may receive a grant from Alumni & Friends even if you have not yet applied to a program and are still researching
- You may apply for a grant if you have applied but have not yet heard if you have been accepted to a summer program
- For programs that offer financial aid, you must show proof that you applied to the institution directly for financial aid
- International programs will not be considered
Click HERE for a listing of some summer programs in Art, Dance, Theater, and Music.
- To access your transcript via Pupil Path, click on the GRADES tab and then click on TRANSCRIPT, then download or save as a screenshot and upload to the application form.